Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

insanity


worry, worry, my boss worries himself to death about paradigms that will never change. Than he gets very upset about it. I know I will get angry about something, but; yet I put myself right back in the same type of situation. I guess to change we have to first recognize the foundation of our problem and why we keep doing the same damn thing over and over again. A quote attributed to Einstein says "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is a definition of insanity." I guess we are all bit crazy especially when it comes to change. I think in my bosses case it has something to do with personal validation, he feels like no one is listening to him. I do not think they are and usually because he irate when he is telling his great ideas( I can relate, guilty of the same offense sometimes). I wonder if his delivery was calmer if it would make any difference? I do not think so in his case, in mine it almost always does. I was not raised to say " this is very frustrating for me when you do..." This I have had to change in my marriage, my wifes family clams up, if I get irate. They will automatically defend whom ever or what ever I go off about. If I stop and calmly say how it makes me feel they respond very openly. It is difficult for me I feel weak and goofy when I state my feelings that way, but; it works. I think there is a time and a place to raise your voice, it is just a matter of judging when that is appropriate. I know my boss struggles with this as well, hopefully he figures it out, and does not make problems for himself. Because our couch is not that comfortable.



original image from goodnight_photography