Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

contribute

Watched a film from Madonna called "I am because we are" which is the meaning of ubuntu. I was turned on to this video from Leonardo Fontenelle's blog
Donating to and organization like Madonna's seems great, but; it raises a bigger question for me. What will my legacy be? What can I leave behind that will better the world? I would like to start something where my wife and I can make a change. I may not be able to do what Madonna has done. We will have to start small,  I know the small scholarships I received in Art school helped immensely, I know a little can go a long way. We are pragmatic a dollar in Africa can go really far, but; I feel obligation to start something here(US) no matter how small. Something without religion or obligation from the recipient except to try hard to succeed.