Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A bit of a rant

Why work for a vacation find a vocation that is the vacation. A vocation provides the social stimulation, the new events, the change of scenery that everyone else has to plan. I want to have a vocation, not a "job" or "work"  I can appreciate laboring to achieve something. I question when it is done to achieve some one else's goals, most of us live in that place and a lot of us are just fine with it. I was at Emery, my work never bettered the world, never left an indelible mark on humanity. When I bring up Emery World Wide, local people have never heard of the place. It has only been I believe five years since it closed, that is sad but it is a fact.

Why cheer lead a system that only applauds conformity?

It is the Einsteins, the Torvalds of the world I want to emulate. People who did something amazing for no other reason than to scratch and itch.

Some say life is short, I say it is long, youth is short. Flexibility of the mind is even shorter, life is long 70, 80 a 100 years. To live that long in a rigid system prepared by people I have never met is crazy. To live by rules that are fifty years old with out reflection is crazy. To live by rules written by people who did not even have running water, is insanity. There are truths that span the history of humans, there are others that need to die. We are losing ourselves to a time that could have never fathomed a cell phone let alone a toilet. I want to live now, not for a future I can't  guess at or a past I remember selectively. So finding a life that is a vocation is my goal. Not living with the ghost of some one else's dreams.