Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Linux games

Occasionally I enjoy playing games on my computer . I run Linux, this is thought to be a hurdle. How ever I have been introduced to a few native Linux games that more than satisfy my gaming needs.

The two games I played first in Linux were Frozen Bubble and Armagetron. Amagetron is a Tron like game it is still a blast to play. You can play it local or on server

The World of Goo is  a physics game that is a blast.  It was one I had to play through until I was done (which you are never really done)


I have really enjoyed is by Amanita Design they have three games I have enjoyed plus few short games on their website. The first two are the Samorost series 1 and 2 . My favorite was Machinarium it is listed as their first full length game. They even have soundtracks for the games, also a lot of other cool content on their website.

I have recently playing the Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor  by Frozenbyte games. They have a third game Trine that I have just started playing. The Shadowgrounds games are fun campaign games saving Ganymede from an Alien Invasion. Trine "is a physics-based action game where three characters allow clever solutions to challenges created by hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different abilities and tactics can be used to invent new ways to overcome obstacles and save the kingdom! ".

Other than the first two games I learned of the others through the Humble Bundle