Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Rapha Festive 500






My friend Jim talked about wanting to do the Rapha Festive 500, this year. When December came around Jim and I decided to go for it. I knew it was going to be tight to finish between work and the weather predications. We both did a couple of small rides the first two days, on Friday the 27th we rode a century.  I did not work on on Saturday so it was easy to get a ride in. The snow predictions went away and all we had to deal with was cool temps. Unfortunately Jim came down with a cold and cold not complete the challenge. That made me feel even more motivated to complete the challenge. Sunday I had to be at work at 8am so I got up at 4:30 to ride 30 miles before work. As soon as I hit the rode it started doing some mix of rain and sleet it was about 36F. It rained for the whole morning ride. Luckily it subsided and I was able to do the same mileage after work in drier conditions. I did this similar routine for the next two work days which had me completing the 500km one day early. I rode some miles on the final day, it was good to get out. I am taking a few days to recover and enjoy the days off from work. The Rapha challenge was hard at points and fun to complete.





Start of an painting idea to remember 2014 #festive500


Further Progress