swburdine AT fastmail DOT fm
Logistics Technician looking to transition into Information Technology, bringing industry credentials and strengths such as: Mechanical Skills, Ability to Trouble Shoot and Repair Mechanical Systems. Proficient experience with UNIX/Linux, Windows, Macintosh, and Small Office Home Office networks. Proven success as a team leader combining expertise in strategic planning, compliance control, and team leadership with solid qualifications for an entry level IT position. Interpersonal and Technical Skills:
- Translate technical concepts
- Communicate to a non-technical audience
- Team Leader and Trainer
- Excellent communication skills
- Linux distributions
- General Linux/UNIX tool sets
- Windows workstation operating systems (Windows
- Microsoft Office and other tool sets
- Trouble shooting
- Trouble shooting
Innovative Scientific Solution Inc.
- Meet compliance with Air Force regulations on tool control
- Keep and maintain databases of relevant excel and word documents pertaining to tool control
- Maintain and update IP camera system for data acquisition
- Troubleshoot and update software and hardware on lab computers
Five Rivers Metro Parks
- Prepare for reservations and events
- Communicate information about park facilities and the organization's overall mission, as needed, to park visitors and help coordinate volunteers
- Perform necessary duties to keep park areas clean and safe
- Assist other MetroParks staff with assigned duties.
- Operates the following types of equipment and vehicles: push and riding mowers, tractors, and power tools such as chainsaws.
Weavers Lawn and Landscape
5/2003 to Present (Seasonal)
- Maintain and repair the company computers and network
- Equipment maintenance and repair.
- Yard maintenance: weekly mowing, aeration, power ranking, cleanup, trimming and pruning, leaf removal, and fertilization.
10/2005 - 5/2007
- Read consumption meters for the purpose of billing
- Inspect meters and utility boxes to confirm that they are in good condition, checking for signs of tampering or fraud
- Indicates irregularities on forms for necessary action by servicing department
- Verifies readings to locate abnormal consumption and records reasons for fluctuations
Naphcare (Montgomery County Jail)
10/2003 - 1/2005
- Conduct medical assessments on inmates entering jail
- Emergency care and basic first aid
- Communication, leadership, deadlines/signoff, security clearance, trust
Emery World Wide
5/1994 - 5/2003
- Team leader responsible for organizing the crew for the unloading and loading of cargo aircraft freight, in order to meet deadlines.
- Use of forklifts, and K-loaders for loading of freight
- Security clearance
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Sinclair Community College Dayton, Ohio
- Associates Degree
- A+ Certification
- Associate of Applied Science - Computer
Information Systems/Microsoft Security Specialist